Mappillai Samba Dhal Kichadi Masala
Mappillai Samba rice – 1 Cup
Moong Dal Yellow or Green – 1 cup
Vegetables – Tomatoes/Ginger/Green chilis/ carrot/beans/peas/cauli flower/curry leaves
- Soak Mappillai samba and Moong dal for 3 hrs
- Heat a pan, add ghee, jeera, ginger, bay leaves, curry leaves, asafetida and gentle fry
- Add vegetable and fry for 5 mts
- Now add the soaked rice and dhal and add 5 cups of water along with salt to taste.
- Cook till done (Pressure cook for 7 whistle)
- Mix well and add coriander leaves and ghee
- Serve with side dishes khadi and raita.
Poongar is a treasure. It can withstand even flood...
Thooyamalli means Pure (Thooya) and Malli (Jasmine...
This Rice looks more like a Jasmine bud and is the...
Aathur Kicihli Samba
This rice variety loved for a typical cooking rice...